The UP Alumni Association (UPAA) conducted a multi-activity event last March 30, 2019 (Saturday) in Baguio City – “Ugnayan/Undayan Baguio”.
There were pre-event highlights on the day before, March 29 (Friday), on the trip of the UPAA contingent to the highland venue. These were:
· Visit and lunch with UPAA-Pampanga chapter at the Fortune Restaurant, near UP Clark, hosted by past UPAA President Estelito P. Mendoza, with chapter members Meng Tayag and Grace Jamon
· Fellowship dinner at Iggy’s Inn, Baguio City, with UP President Danilo L. Concepcion
The following day, March 30 (Sunday) the “Ugnayan/Undayan Baguio” activities reeled off as follows:
1. “Undayan” (swinging): Golf Tournament, started 7:00 a.m. at Pinewoods Golf and Country Club on Asin Road, Tuba, Baguio City, and ended at around 2:00 p.m.
2. UPAA Board Meeting and lunch was held from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the UP Baguio Chancellor’s Board Room
3. “Ugnayan” (linking): UPAA Visitation and alumni gathering took place at 2:00-5:00 p.m. at the Abraham Sarmiento Hall in UP Baguio. With the UPAA delegation and host UP Baguio Chancellor office, a good number of UPAA chapters were represented.
UPAA Board of Directors
UP Baguio Chancellor office
UP Baguio Institute of Management AA
UPAA La Union
UP Asian Center AA
UP Manila AA
UPAA President Reynaldo C. Laserna welcomed the Ugnayan participants. The chapter presidents then reported on their respective plans and current activities.
Dr. Elena E. Pernia, UP Vice President for Public Affairs, sent a message exhorting the regional chapters that was read by Prof. Jose Wendell P. Capili, Asst. Vice President for Public Affairs. Prof. Ma. Angelica “Rica” D. Abad, UP-AVPPA and UP Office of Alumni Relations (OAR) Director, served as emcee and moderator.
Dr. Ramon “Montet” Acoymo, tenor and former dean of the UP College of Music, provided the musical entertainment with his much applauded rendition of Telebong.
4. A traditional Cañao Ceremony, with tribal dancing by UP Baguio students, was presented at the UP Baguio Cultural Plaza at 5:00 p.m., closing the affair.
The UPAA profoundly thanks the two major sponsors of “Ugnayan/Undayan Baguio”:
1. Manila Standard, thru Congressman Martin G. Romualdez of the 1st District of Leyte
2. AMA Group of Companies, thru its founder and CEO, Engr. Amable R. Aguiluz V