GET ACCREDITATION FOR YOUR ALUMNI CHAPTER
BENEFITS OF UPAA CHAPTER ACCREDITATION
Alumni chapters or associations accredited by the U.P. Alumni Association are able to participate more actively in setting policies and undertaking national and global activities designed to mobilize alumni towards supporting the ideals and missions of their alma mater, as well as in fostering worldwide fellowship among them. More specifically, accredited alumni chapters are entitled to the following benefits:
- Presidents of accredited chapters become ex-officio members of the UPAA Board of Directors and are therefore entitled to attend any and all UPAA Board meetings.
- Any accredited chapter may nominate candidate/s for membership in the UPAA Board of Directors during the triennial elections held by the Association.
- Chapter officers are entitled to participate in the annual meetings of the UP Alumni Council and of UPAA chapters worldwide.
- The chapter and any of its members may be nominated for the annual UPAA Distinguished Service Award for an Organization and/or for an Alumnus.
- Reports of Chapter activities submitted to UPAA are published in the UPAA Yearbook produced during the annual Alumni-Faculty Homecoming and Reunion.
- Access to information and assistance on alumni matters from UPAA and UP Offices of Alumni Relations, particularly through the UPAA website at www.upalumni.ph and via email at email@example.com
APPLYING FOR AND GETTING CHAPTER ACCREDITATION
To apply for and receive UPAA accreditation for your alumni chapter or association, follow these steps:
- Download the UPAA Chapter Accreditation Sheet from this website and provide the required information and attachments.
- Email the accomplished UPAA Chapter Accreditation Sheet and attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Determine from the following schedule the accreditation fee and delivery charge your chapter needs to pay:
- The chapter accreditation fee is PhP1,000.00 for Philippine-based chapters, or US$50.00 for those based overseas.
- Add the appropriate delivery charge for mailing your UPAA Chapter Accreditation Certificate to your chapter’s postal address:
- PhP200.00 to Philippine mailing addresses, or
- US$5.00 to mailing addresses overseas.
- Pay the above accreditation fee and registered-mail delivery charge through any of the following payment options:
- By Credit Card Online – Click the Donate Now! window in the UPAA website and pay the accreditation fee and delivery charge against any of the acceptable credit cards.
- By Cash, Check or Money Order – Deliver or mail the total payment (of PhP1,200 or US$50) to the UPAA Secretariat, Ang Bahay ng Alumni, Magsaysay Avenue, UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City 1101.
- By Bank Deposit – Deposit or wire your total payment (of PhP1,200 or US$50 to either of the following UPAA Bank accounts:
In PH Pesos:
UPAA Current Account No. 0037-000455-001
Philippine Veterans Bank
Ang Bahay ng Alumni
U.P. Diliman, Quezon City
In US Dollars:
UPAA Savings Account No. 825-000-3995
Ortigas Malayan Branch
(Swift Code RCBCPHMM)
- Your chapter’s UPAA Chapter Accreditation Certificate would normally be delivered to your postal address within 4 weeks after the UPAA Secretariat receives the Chapter Accreditation Sheet and payment of fee and delivery charge.
NOTE: To retain its accredited status, the chapter is required to submit an Annual Chapter Report to the UPAA Secretariat Office. This report should outline the chapter’s activities/projects, changes in officers, contact information, etc. during the reporting period.